To train Shoshone and Arapaho Catholic
leaders by providing assistance for a college education.
B. General Information
Each year St.
Stephens will offer scholarships to non traditional students from high schools on or adjacent to the Wind River
Indian Reservation or from an Indian boarding school. Scholarships are granted to help students to complete their college
degree, to renew or maintain certification, or to begin college if not begun immediately after high school. Scholarships are
contingent on availability of funding. Full or part-time students may apply. Students with inadequate academic records
should attend college for one semester on their own to establish a 2.0 grade point average before applying for a scholarship.
Scholarships are for the fall and spring semesters only, and can be renewed each subsequent semester.
non-traditional student is one who is
not receiving a college education according to a usual uninterrupted program of studies.
C. Eligibility Requirements
1. Must have Arapaho or Shoshone ancestry
at least two generations removed.
be a baptized Catholic.
3. Must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA and a high school diploma, or a GED certificate.
4. If new, must formally apply for the scholarship by July 1, or if renewing by September 30 for the fall semester and by
January 31 for the spring semester.
Amount of grant: $800
($1000 for Catholic college) for 15 hours or more of-course work, pro-rated less
for fewer hours of course work. .
All grants paid directly to the college.
Fr. Ron Seminara, The Director would welcome a visit
from you if you are in the area.
D. Conditions to Renew Scholarship
must be maintaining steady progress towards the designated goal and must maintain a 2.0 grade point average each semester
or the minimum grade point average required by the school attended to be considered in good academic standing. If there
is some difficulty the Director of St. Stephens may permit an individual to receive the scholarship for one probationary
semester so that the student may regain good academic standing or the 2.0 GPA required for the scholarship.
2. An official transcript of the last semester grades and a listing of the current semester courses to be taken must
be submitted each semester.
3. Transfer in good standing is allowable.
4. If a student is withdrawing in good standing from college, the student must contact the Director about retaining
the scholarship at a different school.
E. Application Procedure
1. Fill out the application form available
from the St. Stephen’s administration office.
2. Provide a legible current transcript
of the last college or high school grades and a course list for the current semester.
3. If new, write a short letter describing
work experiences, educational goals, and need for funding assistance. Also mention
what college you will be attending.
4. If new, submit copy of high school diploma
or GED certificate.
5. Send or deliver all application materials
Director Scholarship Program
St. Stephens Indian Mission
P.O. Box 250
Saint Stephens, WY 82524
Tel (307) 856-7806
F. Selection Criteria
1. Application procedure and all required
application materials submitted by the specific deadline.
2. College seniors, juniors, sophomores,
and freshmen will be considered in that order.
3. Recertification as with teachers, to